Sunday, January 17, 2010

Progesterone is NOT my friend!

No, it's not. Not by a long-shot. So, when you're pregnant, your progesterone levels shoot up. Apparently this little hormone controls a lot of stuff to do with your digestive tract, so a lot of the lovely feelings you get during 1st and 2nd trimester pregnancy - nausea, bloating, constipation, I'm talking to YOU! - are due to these increased progesterone levels. I think I'm largely out of the woods when it comes to the nausea and constipation these days, but bloating is the current bane of my life. I feel like someone's pumped up my stomach to 100psi with a bike pump, and it does NOT feel good. And no, I can't just burp it out, and not for want of trying.

All the awesome things you never knew about pregnancy. Weeeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment